March 2022 Monthly News

Moses’ Report for March 2022

Moses Nyiku the servant of the Lord, preaching the Gospel, making disciples, planting churches.

  • I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20, KJB

THANK YOU to our Partners, Co-laborers, Mentors, and Readers! I rejoice to share with you about what the Lord is doing through our ministry here in Makurdi, Benue state, Nigeria.

As much as I am always glad to share news with you about our ministry, I apologize for having not providing updates about our ministry for the last few months. There has been Christian persecution and tribal crisis, especially in the northern part of Nigeria and the middle belt region where we are, but in the midst of it, the Lord has been protecting and using us to win souls to Christ.

The Lord has blessed us with so many platforms to BRING THE GOSPEL TO AFRICA’S LOST.

Door-To-Door Evangelism

I must say it is quite old-fashioned to many when they see us knocking on doors. I received a wonderful testimony a few months ago when my partner Kasuwa, which means “market,” went door knocking with me. (It has become a joke with us that he is the only Christian market that I know.) Our routine begins by knocking on a gate and waiting for a response, which consists of either being met with snarling hungry dogs whereupon we immediately leave, or a loud voice demanding, “Who be that?”

  • Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.
Luke 10:3, KJB

However, this very gate had the “Who be that?” response, so I said, “We be bible preachers.” Then this woman opened the gate and called her three daughters out and they all listened to the Gospel. All three daughters believed on Jesus for salvation; their mother was already a Believer. My heart was touched when the woman told us that it’s been more than 10 years since someone knocked on their gate to share the Gospel.

  • Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.
Luke 10:2, KJB

My dear brother Kasuwa.

My dear brother Kasuwa.

Kasuwa is one of the first converts that started meeting at my home for bible study, which now has grown into PRAISE & GLORY BAPTIST CHURCH MAKURDI. And yes, we are still knocking on doors to evangelize.

Street Open-Air Preaching

With this platform, we go to a community and set up speakers who preach the word of God. I remember an unusual incident a few months ago when we went out for open-air preaching in a certain community. As I was preaching, an angry bedeviled man came out from his house, attempted to browbeat us with false accusations of disturbing the neighborhood, and characterized our preaching as offensive noise, which discouraged me, and we departed.

  • For we have found this man a pestilent fellow, and a mover of sedition among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes:
Acts 24:5, KJB

However, on the following Sunday, someone from that very community visited the church and said, “I heard your preaching when you came to our community.” God’s word cannot return to Him void.

My good friend Arin preaching on the street.

Open air preaching where many gather to hear the Gospel.

Radio Ministry

Our radio ministry always receives a lot of questions and testimonies from the listeners who tune in. Lately however, I have received more of them than usual, of which I will share one with you. Every Friday from 7:00 – 7:30 pm, I broadcast our radio program: ANZA IOR, TIV; BRINGING THE GOSPEL, ENGLISH. One Friday evening after preaching, a young man called me, saying several times, “Thank you, pastor!” He came to church with his friend that Sunday and at the invitation, they both believed in Jesus Christ for salvation. After the service, he confessed to me that he had done so many bad things that he thought God would not forgive him. He said he had been to church only once in his lifetime and the second time was when he was saved. As I rejoiced with him, he said, “Now, even if I die, I know where I am going!” Even though I have not seen him since, I am sure that his eternal destiny is secured with that young man because he believed in Jesus.

  • Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
Isaiah 1:18, KJB

HOW ABOUT YOUR ETERNAL DESTINY? IS ALL WELL WITH YOU? ARE YOU 100 PERCENT SURE THAT YOU WILL SPEND ETERNITY WITH GOD IN HEAVEN?

Peter and his friend.

By my right hand is a young man that was passing by while the church service was on, so I went out and invited him in. He was embarrassed because his clothes were dirty, but I said, “Come as you are!” So he came in and got washed by the blood of Jesus! Glory be to God!

  • But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
Isaiah 64:6, KJB

I thank God for the privilege to share the Gospel of Christ to thousands of people on the radio. Thank you for sponsoring the radio broadcast!

Update on Church Growth

The Lord has been adding to His church daily. The spiritual growth has been tremendous! The word of God has been speaking for us and to us as we have seen many lives changing. Last week in March, we had a revival conference with Missionary Israel Thompsons and “Mom” Sarah Thompsons. Many people believed on Jesus for salvation and two were baptized.

Revival Service.

Baptisms

Joseph’s baptism.

Alice’s baptism.

Prayer Requests

  • Thank God for your families as do we for our families, especially our baby Eva Sewuese Nyiku.
  • Pray for our radio ministry for power upon me as I preach.
  • Pray for God to give us boldness in open-air preaching.
  • Pray for God to give us boldness in door-to-door evangelism.
  • Pray for a discipleship class that I will be starting soon to train more soul winners.
  • Pray for provisions.

Thank you for reading our newsletter! Let us know how we can pray for you because we love and appreciate you.

Pastor Moses, Joy, and Eva Sewuese Nyiku.
PRAISE & GLORY BAPTIST CHURCH MAKURDI.