July 2021 Monthly News

Moses’ Report for July 2021

Hello dear family!

It’s another month and I am very excited to share with you the blessings and all the great lessons the Lord has been teaching me on the mission field with my young wife Joy. At this point in our lives we are experiencing the joy of waiting and watching for our baby’s arrival into our family. It’s also a time of joy to witness the souls being won and watching them grow through our discipleship ministry. The joy and excitement of watching the Lord build His church and its members taking part in it goes beyond what mere words can describe! I will try to embellish this miracle of the Lord with the next newsletter.

I really appreciate you for taking time to read our news this month and may the Lord bless you greatly! I also appreciate you greatly for being a part of the Lord’s ministry here in the town of Makurdi, Nigeria. Thank you so much for your prayers and financial support! I have great testimonies to share with you and prayer requests.

Our Rescue Mission

This is Dorothy and me.

It was on a Friday morning, a few weeks ago, during our normal radio program that I received so many calls and text messages. One of the messages was from Dorothy thanking me for the message that day. Then she shared her story with me how a young man had left her pregnant and she wanted to keep the baby. So I encouraged her and invited her to fellowship with us at the church. She came faithfully every time we met until her time to deliver came. She called me on a Monday and said she had gone to the hospital and the doctor told her that she had to have a Caesarean Section but she couldn’t afford it. (Hospitals and doctors in Nigeria won’t treat you without first being paid.) I told her that I couldn’t afford it either but we can pray and the Lord will make a way. So I encouraged her to wait on the Lord and she will deliver like the Hebrew women. So she left the hospital and labored all through the night at home. The baby didn’t come but on Wednesday the Lord directed her to a midwife where she gave birth to a baby boy. We were happy to rejoice with her and thanked God for answering us when we went against the advice of the doctor. The greatest part of this story is that Dorothy asked the Lord to save her before having her son. After accepting the Lord she said to me, “If I had heard this message earlier, I would not have lingered in sin for so long.” Please pray for this young lady as she raises her son and grows in the Lord.

Radio Testimonies

The Lord continues to give us testimonies as we minister to our people with our radio broadcast and it always blesses my heart to see lives change.

Here is one of our faithful listeners. He came to our place of worship just to testify about how the Lord is using our messages on the radio to bless him. There is a great awakening here. I am asking for your prayers regarding the spiritual growth of all the people that are coming to Christ. The harvest truly is plenteous. Also pray for more laborers here in the field. We trust the Lord for a great revival.

Church Service

I am so thankful that the Lord allows us to plant a King James Bible believing, Bible preaching, Bible practicing, people-loving church and it’s a joy to see the Lord building His church. We're small but committed and growing!

The joy of having a family church.

Charley Pride was America’s first black superstar who won the hearts of millions internationally with his rich baritone voice and simple truths of enduring love and reverence of God. In fact he is second only to Elvis Presley in the number of recordings sold. It is almost an anomaly in this age of endless divorces and same sex relationships that he was married 44 years to the same woman who was faithfully at his side when he went to the Lord on December 12, 2020.

Family Bible

I've Just Found Another Reason for Loving you

Every Sunday I look forward to a time of testimony where I get to hear from our visitors and members of how great the Lord is working in their lives. Last Sunday we had a visitor that traveled an hour to visit our church. After the service he said, “I am blessed and I am asking the church to come do a crusade in my area.” So this month, by the grace of God, we will be having a Gospel crusade at Ikpeyong to reach the people there with the Gospel of Christ.

One of the greatest parts of our service also is when people have an opportunity to have some personal dealings with the Lord. With all my heart I believe there is an awakening and I am asking for your prayers for the growth of this church.

Aside from our bible study on Wednesday, we have a ministry for the youth which involves music, soul winning classes and some small prayer groups. My days are filled with activities and it’s a joy to impact the lives of the wonderful people the Lord has given to us.

Street Preaching

Walking the street of Makurdi with the Gospel of Christ has been a great part of our ministry and the Lord has been blessing this greatly as He always leads us to those hungry and ready for the truth.

Here is my newest friend Hephzibah. I will never forget the day I met this young man. It was on a Thursday evening while I was on the street preaching close to our place of worship. I saw him passing and called him to come over. I gave him a Gospel tract though he thought I was a businessman advertising my product. But when he came closer, he realized I was a messenger representing my Maker. So after he told me his name, I then asked him, “What instrument can you play?” and he said, “Guitar. I have been longing to play a guitar.” When I told him that I have a guitar, he followed me and I gave him my guitar. We went back to the street where I was preaching and there we sang praises to the Lord for about two hours. Then I shared the Gospel with him. He is now one of our faithful young people at the Church.

Other Events

This is a wedding of a dear brother in the Lord Mr. Zahemen where I was privileged to be among the officiating ministers. It was a blessing to hear a great message about marriage.

The Lord is moving greatly in our ministry and even though church planting comes with challenges, we also count many blessings. There has been a great response here to the Gospel and the Lord has blessed us in a way we never imagined. I want to bear witness that our radio ministry is continuing to reach many souls for Christ. All thanks to the Lord for moving hearts to support it!

Prayer Needs

  • Pray for our crusade at Ikpeyongu.
  • Pray for our revival meeting and ordination in September.
  • Pray our church.
  • Pray for our monthly open air preaching for salvation of souls.
  • Pray for financial provisions of our ministry needs.
  • Pray for our prison ministry still pending approval.
  • Pray for my wife’s safe delivery of our baby.

Thank you so much, dear family, for taking time to read our newsletter. I want to express appreciation and gratitude to all of you for praying and supporting financially to propagate the Lord’s Gospel. At the same time I’m trusting the Lord for provisions to help some of our members with food as some of them are refugees. So if the Lord lays it on your heart to give for that need, know that anything we receive will go towards helping those in great need.

You are always welcome to contact us with your prayer requests or questions and I am always glad to be in touch with you.

God be with you and bless you richly!

Evangelist / Pastor Moses Nyiku and his wife Joy